Sunday, March 28, 2010

Megadeth's 'Rust in Peace' 20th anniversary tour concert at Austin, TX

I happened to attend Megadeth's Rust in Peace 20th anniversary concert at Stubb's BBQ amphitheater at Austin TX on Friday 26th March. It was honestly the one freaking awesome concert. With the return of David Ellefson, the current lineup is probably the best one after the original RIP lineup. The venue, Stubb's is again one hell of a place for metal. This is my first concert here and I fell in love with the place straightaway.

Megadeth played the whole Rust in Peace album as promised and also played almost all their old kick ass stuff. In addition to their usual regulars, they played Skin o' my teeth as also Headcrusher and The right to go insane from the Endgame album.

The concert also featured Testament and Exodus. I have not listened to much of Exodus before. All I can say is that they were real heavy and had the dedicated in the crowd moshing and head banging. But, Testament was a different world altogether. Being one of my favorite thrash metal bands (after megadeth, metallica and slayer), I thoroughly enjoyed their show. They played some of my favorites like Do not resuscitate and 3 days in darkness from the gathering album as also Alone in the dark and First strike is deadly.

All in all it was one hell of a concert, definitely the best one I have been to. Here are some of the videos I recorded during the show.








No comments: